Aluminium Aerofoil Fins
The Levolux range of Aerofoil Fins provides an extremely efficient external sunscreening system that can also enhance the architectural appearance of a building.
Levolux Fins are non-retractable and can be installed to provide protection to vertical, horizontal or inclined glazing. They can be installed in a fixed position or can be adjustable manually, by motor with switch control, or with a fully automatic system, which can be integrated into the Building Management System.
A fully automated Levolux Aluminium Aerofoil Fin system can reduce solar heat gain through the shaded area by up to 95%.
Features & Benefits of Aluminium Aerofoil Fins
- Aesthetically pleasing - Fins are manufactured from extruded aluminium sections with aluminium end-caps all of which can be anodised or polyester powder coated to co-ordinate with the building and surroundings.
- Virtually maintenance free - Stainless steel fastenings and fixings are used, producing a virtually maintenance free and corrosion-resistant system.
- Reduces energy costs - The ability to limit solar heat gain can reduce or even eliminate the need for air conditioning.
- Comfortable environment - Large Aerofoil Fins allow a significant level of natural daylight into the building whilst reducing solar gain. Additionally, the wide spacing allows good outward visibility with less clutter to the sight line. Furthermore, they fit in well with the concept of natural ventilation, and provide excellent control of the internal environment if controlled automatically or linked to the Building Management System.
- Flexibility - Fins can be installed on new buildings or as part of a refurbishment of an existing building.
- Accessibility - In order to provide access for maintenance, Levolux Aluminium Aerofoil Fins can be integrated into a complete façade system, incorporating walkway, handrail and latchway system.
The Range of Aluminium Aerofoil Fins Options
Levolux Aluminium Aerofoil Fins are available in varying widths from 100mm to 500mm as standard, other sizes can be considered, as can different shapes and materials (for example, steel, timber and glass). Due to the flexibility of the system, it is generally possible to design solutions to meet the specific requirements of the architect and client.
All components are subject to rigid quality standards and are designed to produce a high performance product with an aesthetically pleasing finish.
The first fix brackets, support arms and structure can be manufactured from either steel or extruded aluminium, dependent upon each application’s building needs and loadings. Fins are normally manufactured as one piece extruded aluminium sections up to a maximum width, at present, of 500mm. Multi part fins are also available for generally larger width requirements. The method of “fixing” the fins once again can vary greatly depending on the façade and structural requirements together with the degree of shading required.
Walkways (optional) can be either steel (grid type) or extruded aluminium ‘T’ sections. Controls (optional) of various types are available to provide manual, motorized or fully automatic operation. Automatic controls can be stand alone or integrated into the Building Management System.
Aluminium systems can be provided in a wide range of finishes including mill, anodised or polyester powder coated. Steel components can be supplied in stainless steel or can be manufactured from mild steel with a galvanised and/or multi-pack paint finish.