Silent Gliss Hospital Cubicle Track Systems
For over 30 years Silent Gliss hospital cubicle track systems have been by far the most widely specified and installed systems in the UK hospital network and abroad. With Silent Gliss’ policy of constant improvement many new features have been added to maintain its prominence as the best system available both aesthetically and technically.
6650 Safety Device System
In high risk areas Safety Device System 6650 is available permitting the system to separate from wall or ceilings in incidences of misuse.
(Available with 6100 profile only.)
Safety Device 6650 System for Hospital Cubicle Track & Shower Rail 6100
The development of the 6650 Safety Device System (patent pending) for the Silent Gliss hospital track 6100 comes with over 30 years of experience installing systems in hospitals throughout the UK and abroad. The Safety Device has been designed for specific use in high-risk areas to minimise the opportunity for patient selfharm. The gradual pull-out however does ensure that the device will remain in place during normal everyday use.
The Safety Device System has been designed to be maintenance-free using non-deteriorating components and to Silent Gliss precision-engineered standards.
The system is complete with standard hanger rods, V-hangers for lateral stability, wall supports and wall bracket systems (patents pending), thus covering the vast majority of layouts used as well as for fast and simple retrofitting for existing layouts.
As the 6650 incorporates V-hangers, wall supports and wall brackets virtually all installations can include the Safety Device without compromising the layout and design of the ward. The Safety Device has been designed to separate when a maximum load of 40kg is applied at any point of the cubicle track. However, just as different positions on the track require different weights before the Safety Device separates so the effect of a fall will similarly alter the result. Therefore we can see on the graph how a static load of 20kgs effectively increases in weight to 27kg when dropped 25mm and to 45kg after a drop of 100mm.
Our precision engineering ensures that the effect of these different loads are considered in the design, manufacture and testing of the system to ensure a safe environment.
- Neat, strong system designed around the proven existing 6100 system.
- Hanger rod incorporates a friction-based joint which will progressively separate at known figures and loads.
- Designed with maximum protection from wear and tear to minimise inspection and future replacement.
- Separation on hanger rod is at track level for easy replacement.
- After a fail-safe incident the track is simply replaced by pushing back into the hangers and brackets.
- Progressive separation of the device acts as a warning and reduces incidences of separation through over heavy handling of curtains, etc.
- The inclusion of the friction-based joint also in the V-hanger for lateral stability means that a safe environment is achievable without compromising layout design.
- The V-hanger has been specifically designed to separate under the same load as a single hanger rod 6651.
- The unique wall support (patent pending) is designed to take lateral and vertical downward pressure without causing damage to the support.
- The wall brackets allow bed returns, etc., to be included in the design to meet layout specifications.
- A detachable connecting bridge reduces the risk of the “domino effect” where one collapsing cubicle brings down attached systems.
Levolux offers the widest range of window treatment products available – many of which are specified on a daily basis for health care environments.
Shower rail systems are available in both 6100 and 6103 profiles. Their strength on bends provides a safe operation for patients. The 6100 profile can also incorporate the 6650 Safety Device.