Levolux offers a diverse range of solar shading and screening louvres and fins, including Timber, Glass and Polycarbonate varieties. These are presented as Levolux Special Fins and are designed to perform effectively as a form of solar shading and screening for new and existing buildings. Special Fins can be installed horizontally, vertically or against inclined surfaces, while offering additional attributes. Timber Fins are available in a range of wood types, such as Western Red Cedar or Oak and offer an attractive, natural alternative to aluminium. Glass Fins are available with optional coloured interlayers, or can be integrated with integral photovoltaic cells to generate renewable energy, while maximising daylight and controlling solar heat gain. All Fins can be installed in a fixed position or can be adjustable manually, by motor with switch control, or with a fully automated control system, which can be integrated with a Building Management System (BMS).
All components are subject to rigid quality standards and are designed to produce a high performance product with an aesthetically pleasing finish. The main components of Levolux’s Special Fins are:
- First Fix Brackets – Brackets are manufactured to suit project specific requirements from either steel or extruded aluminium, dependent upon each application’s building needs and loadings.
- Special Fins – Levolux Fins are available in a range of standard shapes and sizes, and custom profiles can be developed to satisfy almost any project brief.
- Support Arm – Fins can be secured between support arms that are manufactured to satisfy project specific requirements, from steel or extruded aluminium.
- Support Structure – Levolux Special Fins can be fitted directly to the façade, or secured to a support structure, as required. The support structure can be engineered from steel or aluminium, which is available in a range of finishes to complement any scheme.
- Walkways (optional) – Fins can be integrated with walkways, formed from steel (grid type) or extruded aluminium ‘T’ sections.
- Finish – Fins are offered in an extensive range of finishes, whether it be untreated timber, tinted glass or opaque polycarbonate, the choices are endless.
- Controls (options) – Various types of controls are available, including manual or motorised operation, or fully automated solutions that can be stand-alone or integrated into a Building Management System (BMS).
- Handrail (optional) – An extruded aluminium handrail can also be incorporated into a scheme if required.
- Latchway Systems (optional) – Levolux solutions are compatible with most latchway systems to ensure safe access when working at height.