Levolux offers an extensive range of Aerofoil Fins that provide an extremely efficient form of solar shading and screening for new and existing buildings. Formed from extruded aluminium sections, Aerofoil Fins can be installed horizontally, vertically or against inclined surfaces. Aerofoil Fins are available in a range of sizes and with a choice of finishes to enhance the architectural appearance of a building. Large Aerofoil Fins can be fixed at a greater pitch, which maximises daylight levels and outward visibility, while providing the desired level of shading to control solar heat gain. Levolux Fins can be installed in a fixed position or can be adjustable manually, by motor with switch control, or with a fully automated control system, which can be integrated with a Building Management System (BMS).
All components are subject to rigid quality standards and are designed to produce a high performance product with an aesthetically pleasing finish. The main components of the Levolux Aerofoil Fins are:
- First Fix Brackets – Brackets are manufactured to suit project specific requirements from either steel or extruded aluminium, dependent upon each application’s building needs and loadings.
- Aerofoil Fins – Levolux Fins are normally manufactured as one piece extruded aluminium sections, up to a maximum width of 700mm, with aluminium end-caps. Multi-part Fins are also available to achieve larger widths.
- Support Arm – Aerofoil Fins can be secured between support arms that are manufactured to satisfy project specific requirements, from steel or extruded aluminium.
- Support Structure – Levolux Aerofoil Fins can be fitted directly to the façade, or secured to a support structure, as required. The support structure can be engineered from steel or aluminium, which is available in a range of finishes to complement any scheme.
- Walkways (optional) – Aerofoil Fins can be integrated with walkways, formed from steel (grid type) or extruded aluminium ‘T’ sections.
- Finish – Aluminium components are available in a wide range of finishes including mill, anodised or polyester powder coated. Steel components can be supplied in stainless steel, or manufactured from mild steel with a galvanised and/or multi-pack finish.
- Controls (options) – Various types of controls are available, including manual or motorised operation, or fully automated solutions that can be stand-alone or integrated into a Building Management System (BMS).
- Handrail (optional) – An extruded aluminium handrail can also be incorporated into a scheme if required. Special extrusions can be produced for such applications.
Latchway Systems (optional) – Levolux solutions are compatible with most latchway systems to ensure safe access when working at height.READ MORE